This first aid course is ideal for those looking after young children and infants, including day nurseries, private nursery schools, pre-schools, before, after school clubs and childminders and careers of children. And meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone working with or caring for young children, or working towards an Early Years qualification.
What you will learn
The course aims to update and refresh your knowledge of the First aid at work syllabus.
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding
- with injuries to bones, joints and muscle
- sickle cell crisis
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- febrile convulsion
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- who has been poisoned
- who has been bitten or stung
- with minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- with head and spinal injuries
- with anaphylaxis
- who is suffering from shock.
Written and practical assessment is carried out throughout the day by a qualified Trainer Assessor. Therefore learners will need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2).
On completion, successful candidates will receive an accredited certificate.
Remember to keep to Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements, there must be at least one fully trained paediatric first aider that holds a current certificate on the premises at all times, when children are present, and they also need to attend outings that children may be going on. Childminders and any assistant that are in charge of looking after children for any period of time, must hold a current full paediatric first aid certificate. These are the requirements of Ofsted Early Years
Why train with us?
All of our trainers hold professional teaching and assessor qualifications, which enables them to deliver high quality training.
Their knowledge, experience and teaching skills enable them to target all of your employees training needs, by using a wide range of teaching methods, resources and learning aids.
Our Internal Quality Assurance team regularly carryout training and assessment audits during training sessions, to ensure the training we provide not only follows current guidance but is delivered in a professional and consistent manner.
On successful completion of a course a certificate will be issued which should qualify students for Continuous Professional Development.